The best way to hear about upcoming authors and events is to join our newsletter. If you would like to reach out to us directly, please email us. We try to answer emails as promptly as possible, but we are an all-volunteer board, and sometimes work and families (and life) cause delays. We appreciate your patience!
We read submissions year-round, and try to respond as soon as possible, but it often takes us several months. You do not need to live in Davis to submit your work for consideration, but you do need to be able and willing to attend the event should your work be accepted for a performance. If your story is accepted, you will receive an honorarium on the night of the performance. Our submission guidelines are below.
We accept unsolicited submissions of:
- Short stories
- Novel excerpts
- Narrative non-fiction/memoir
- Note on genre: We occasionally find a novel excerpt that works as a standalone story, but typically favor complete short stories.
Your submission should:
- Be 2,500-4,000 words in length
- Be in a standard, 12-point font
- Be a Word doc or PDF
- Note on length: While there are many excellent pieces that are longer (or shorter), we don’t consider anything that falls outside our word count limits.
Please note that we cannot read submissions that do not follow our guidelines.
Submit your work via email.